In the last post, we met Gloria, one of our All-on-X Patients, and learned about how her life was changed through her journey with us.
In this article, we are going to meet James and Ron, and hear their inspiring stories. It’s so nice to have a chance to speak to clients one-on-one and find out what life is like for them after they return home with their new smile because it reminds us that what we do at Meza Dental has a real impact on their lives.
James is from Texas and underwent the All-on-X procedure. And while James is a man of few words, he still spoke volumes about how All-on-X changed his life.
- What made you consider using Dental Tourism? It was much cheaper than back home.
- Have you had problems with your teeth for a long time? Yes, I’ve been struggling with my teeth for years.
- What was it about Meza Dental that made you choose them? The price was right and Dr. Meza has really good credentials.
- What type of procedure did the Meza Dental team perform for you? They pulled 2 teeth, performed 2 bone grafts, and put in 8 Implants.
- What was the process like for you as a patient? It was good, l had no problems at all.
- Were you comfortable with the staff at Meza Dental? Very much so, they were friendly and very helpful.
- Would you recommend them to your friends? Absolutely. The team at Meza Dental is great.
- Aside from having a beautiful new smile, what was the best part of your trip? I met a beautiful woman and now we are seeing each other.
- Did you go on any adventures while you were in Costa Rica? No, but I am returning to Costa Rica in December for 15 days to spend time with my newfound LOVE!!!
- What would you tell someone who is trying to decide if dental tourism is for them? Do your research, and make sure you choose a dentist with excellent credentials and lots of experience- like Dr. Meza.
- How has your procedure changed your life? I have not smiled in almost 30 years. I love being able to eat anything I want to and being able to pronounce words correctly.
Ron is from Maine, and he underwent the All-on-4 procedure in 2021. A friendly, likable guy, Ron had struggled for years with the cost of dental work he knew he needed to get done, then e
1. What made you consider using Dental Tourism?
I needed major work done having all 32 of my teeth pulled and then dentures. The costs were not far off from getting a full mouth of implanted zirconium metal bridges in an all-on-4 configuration in Mexico or Costa Rica. While the thought of going out of the country on my own was intimidating especially during COVID in 2021, the idea of dentures for the rest of my life was unappealing as well. Receiving the implants here in the states was three times the cost of going abroad, a price unmanageable on a fixed income.
2. Have you had problems with your teeth for a long time?
Yes, I graduated from High School with many issues having grown up in a rural Maine town without dental services. I entered the Navy and was able to get most of my dental work done but unfortunately left the service after 8 years with work I should have done.
I went to college and for 5 years was unable to get work done due to the high costs of services. After graduating I was able to find a job with dental insurance and my wife at the time also had coverage for me, so I used two insurance policies for about 10 years doing root canals and crowns.
Eventually, most of these failed and I was again in need of major dental work. I was saving money to get this work done when a friend recommended Dr. Meza.
3. What was it about Meza Dental that made you choose them?
When I compared having all my teeth removed and getting dentures I found that the cost of Dr. Meza doing a full mouth of implants was not that much more than the denture route. In fact, receiving implants here in the states would have been three times the cost of going abroad. The cost was prohibitive here and a real possibility with Dr. Meza.
4. What type of procedure did the Meza Dental team perform for you?
Dr. Meza removed all of my teeth and implanted 8 titanium posts 4 on top and 4 on the bottom for future bridges. After a year of allowing the posts to grow in, I returned to Dr. Meza and received the zirconium bridges.
5. What was the process like for you as a patient?
It was a bit scary going to another country to get my dental work done but Dr. Meza and his staff made the process effortless with arrangements for housing, and ground transportation all arranged and inclusive with my dental work. There was nothing to worry about and this made my experience much more easy and effortless.
6. Were you comfortable with the staff at Meza Dental?
The staff and especially Dr. Meza were very attentive to the process of transforming my mouth into a usable tool once again. They made me feel very safe and cared for.
7. Would you recommend them to your friends?
I recommend Dr. Meza to all my friends and family. There is no reason not to take the steps needed to transform your teeth into a beautiful smile. It may be expensive still to go abroad but it is well worth it.
8. Aside from having a beautiful new smile, what was the best part of your trip?
The way Dr. Meza and his staff cared for me and my needs was amazing. After decades of dental work in the states, I was truly amazed by the attention they afforded me. Every part was carefully cared for. All my needs were met and more. They responded back quickly to every concern or question I raised.
9. Did Hugo and Karina help you book your travel plans?
Yes, they arranged for a very affordable hotel in the middle of San Jose that was quiet and lovely. The hotel even worked with Dr. Meza to provide meals inclusively. It was very worthwhile allowing Hugo and Karina to work out the details and take care of everything for us.
10. Did you go on any adventures while you were in Costa Rica?
Hugo and Karina also were able to arrange a selection of tours for us even with my partner being bound to a wheelchair. We toured a botanical garden that was lovely and had lunch at a local coffee plantation that was also very interesting and lovely.
11. What would you tell someone who is trying to decide if dental tourism is for them?
If you agree with me that a winning smile, with the ability to eat practically anything you want, is important to your lifestyle then you must look into the services that Dr. Meza and his staff can provide. Compare the costs and value of services provided in the States to the costs of dental services abroad including air travel and accommodations and I think you will find the value in choosing Dr. Meza.
12. How has your procedure changed your life?
Before Dr. Meza I had a horrible smile and would spend an inordinate amount of my time hiding it from people in public, I no longer do this and in fact, I present my wonderful smile all the time. This alone is worth any expense.
I still remember the days of screaming into a pillow from the pain I was forced to endure even with dental services in the US. I am free of all that today. No more pain and if I do have issues then Dr. Meza is there for me and that allows for a more stress-free life.
Making a Difference Matters to Us
We are so glad to hear that both James and Ron are living their best lives with restored confidence and no more pain, because our patients are more than just patients to us. Getting to know them, to hear their stories, and their dreams… that makes our job so much more enjoyable. And by the time they are ready to return home, they aren’t just patients any longer, they are part of the family.
If you’d like to learn more about how All-on-X can change your life, you can call us Toll-free from the US and Canada at 1-(877)-337-6392, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also head to the website to learn more about all of the services that we offer or for your free estimate.