What would you like to know?
Let us help you smile again.
4-5 min read
What would you like to know?
We are confident we have one of the best dental teams worldwide, as we have two accredited dentists by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Meza has created a training system in order to have a team that delivers predictable and consistent results.
Only you know the imperfections that make you feel self-conscious about your smile. With our smile design, we can recreate your smile to achieve the results you have been searching for. Don’t worry about the current status of your teeth. It doesn’t matter if some of your teeth are chipped, cracked, or missing, our doctors can achieve amazing results by using a variety of special treatments such as dental crowns, veneers, dental implants, bridges, and more.
Types of cosmetic dentistry treatments.
A crown, also known as a dental cap, is a type of dental restoration, which completely caps or encircles a tooth or the metal frame that will be placed on a dental implant. The crown restores the shape, size, strength, and appearance of the tooth.
Uses of Dental Crowns:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of teeth left.
- To hold a dental bridge in place.
- To cover severely discolored or crooked teeth.
- To be placed on top of a dental implant.
- To make a cosmetic modification.
Advantages of dental crowns:
- Improve the color and the shape of the tooth or teeth.
- They provide the best possible protection to a heavily broken down tooth.
- Crowns last longer than any other type of dental restoration including all types of filling and implants.
Disadvantages of dental crowns:
- The preparation for a crown entails grinding away some tooth structure and that is irreversible.
Dental crowns can either be placed over a prepared existing tooth, or over an implant with the help of an abutment.
A veneer is a thin, custom-made shell or layer made of a special material, normally porcelain, placed over a tooth to improve the aesthetics of a smile and to protect the tooth’s surface from damage. Our porcelain veneers are digitally made at our latest technology dental lab.
Porcelain veneers can last up to 15-20 years, but of course, like natural teeth, it all depends on the patient´s health habits and are still susceptible to damage.
Uses of dental veneers:
- To restore a single tooth that may have been fractured or discolored.
- To restore multiple teeth to make a full smile makeover.
- To close gaps between teeth.
- To improve the appearance of teeth when they have worn edges or appeared crooked.
Advantages of dental veneers:
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- The enamel is not completely removed during the preparation.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant.
- Offer a conservative approach, since not a lot of grinding takes place, to changing a tooth’s color and shape and with simpler procedure than the crowns.
Disadvantages of Dental Veneers:
- The process is not reversible.
- Because some of the enamel has been removed, your tooth may or may not become more sensitive to hot and cold foods and beverages.
To place a dental veneer, teeth must be slightly worn down to make room for the new layer, as well as ensure a proper surface to cement the veneers.
There are different methods to whiten the color of your teeth, but at Meza Dental, we prefer to use the chairside light whitening system since it´s used for fast, medical-grade whitening of strongly discolored teeth. Medical tooth whitening can also be used as an alternative and more conservative treatment for cosmetic improvement.
Types of teeth whitening:
There are different methods to restore or whiten the color of your teeth, but at Meza Dental Care Clinic, we prefer to use the chairside light whitening system since it´s used for fast, medical-grade whitening of strongly discolored teeth. Medical tooth whitening can also be used as an alternative and more conservative treatment for cosmetic improvement.
Advatages of professional tooth whitening:
- A professional whitening session at your dentist’s office will provide better, whiter, and more even results.
- This procedure guarantees your teeth will get whiter in less time and with long-lasting results.
- Treatment is customized to your needs by cosmetic experts
Disadvantages of tooth whitening:
- Whitening is not a one-time procedure. If you want to maintain the brighter color, you’ll need to repeat it from time to time.
- Sometimes you get sore teeth or gums resulting from the bleaching treatment (this discomfort disappears when the tooth bleaching is discontinued)
It’s important to note that while most stains can be removed through whitening, a discoloration issue may sometimes need crown or veneer.
Dental composites or resins are types of synthetic resins used in dentistry as restorative material or adhesives. It is a tooth-colored mixture used to restore decayed teeth and for cosmetic improvements of the smile.
Dental composite resins also have certain properties that will benefit patients according to the patient’s cavity. It has a micro-mechanic property that makes it more effective for filling small cavities where amalgam fillings are not as effective and could, therefore, fall out.
Use of dental composites:
- Esthetic tooth-colored restoration.
- Filling cavities.
- Improving/modifying tooth size and shape.
- Masking discolored teeth via composite veneering.
Advantages of dental composites:
- They look great since they can be matched to your natural tooth color.
- They do not contain mercury, which can be bad for you.
- Conservation of tooth structure.
- Can be repaired.
- Bonds to tooth structure.
- Economic restorative material.
Disadvantages of dental composites:
- They can be less resistant than other materials.
The same way a dental composite can add material to make a tooth longer or wider, it is also possible to remove material to shape your teeth.
For more information: